Building regulations

Reviewed date January 2020


All projects should be submitted for building regulation approval to the relevant district council Building Control Department or Approved Inspectors.

Details with regard to liaison with the Fire Service (OFRS) can be found in this manual in "Fire safety strategy"

Oxfordshire County Council Corporate Landlord (OCCCL) require the "full plans" method of approval as routine. All building regulation applications must be submitted prior to sending the work out to tender. This is normal practice to reduce the risk of cost escalation.

The "building notice" route should only be used in exceptional circumstances and then only with the prior approval of OCCCL [The building notice route cannot be used on premises where the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies].